The decor is kitschy and Southern with picnic tables and wicker chairs. But I was initially focused on the wall full of various BBQ sauces that you can buy and take home. You order at the window and your food is brought out to you. I ordered a pulled chicken sandwich with collard greens and mashed potatoes for $8.99 total. You have a large selection of sides though to add to your entree: mac and cheese, onion rings, french fries, cole slaw, etc.
My collard greens had the perfect mix of salt and bacon bits and the mashed potatoes were creamy and delicious. The highlight of the meal was of course my sandwich because Rocklands makes their own BBQ sauce that is perfection. My cousins and uncle all orders ribs and the meat just slid off the bone (as it should if it's cooked well).
I would highly suggest this restaurant for anyone that loves BBQ but doesn't want to pay the high price you find at Hill Country. They have four locations in Rockville, Arlington, Alexandria, and Washington DC.
Their menu and locations can be found here.
No comments:
Post a Comment