Monday, October 17, 2011

The Walking Dead premiere

I've been eagerly waiting the premiere of season two of "The Walking Dead" for months now and finally the moment arrived last night! With a fresh batch of freelance writers after producers fired the majority of the writing staff, I was hoping for a thrilling, fast-paced zombiefest during the extended hour-and-a-half premiere.

The producers really took it up a notch with the blood and guts during the zombie action scenes, but I thought the acting and dialogue were cheesy.  There were several "What the hell are they thinking?" moments when the group decided that it was okay to let the little boy have his fun rather than think about their survival. To be honest, if I am fearing for my life in a zombie apocalypse, I won't give a crap if my 10 year old son wants to tag along with the adults...he gets to stay in the Winnebago and quit whining. I think if the writers want this show to live up to its expectations then they need to find a way to mix the action and the dialogue without sacrificing both. To be honest, I could forego the character development scenes and just watch the group battle a herd of zombies.

Where was Glenn during the whole episode? He was hilarious during the first season and barely had a line in the premiere. And I really cannot wait for Andrea to be eaten or leave the group because her character is beyond annoying. At the end of the premiere, I have to say that Daryl is my favorite character - he's the only one that is so crazy that he's the group's best chance at survival.

What were your thoughts on the premiere? 

No comments:

Post a Comment