I've lived in Arlington for about a year and a half now and I still hadn't tried the Village Bistro restaurant located right next to Ray's Hell Burger in Rosslyn. Well, that changed on Saturday when my boyfriend and I were in the mood for some French and Italian food and the brisk weather outside made us not want to venture far from home.
The place from the outside looks fancy and sophisticated but I would say that inside it's more of a casual place. The tables are packed tightly together and there's a small bar in the middle of the restaurant but overall the atmosphere is cozy and quiet.
I started my meal with mussels in white wine sauce, capers, shallots, and tomatoes. I've eaten mussels at tons of different restaurants in the city and I have to say that Village Bistro's take is one of the most flavorful and unique. Each bite really packed a punch and the portion was perfect for an appetizer. My boyfriend started with French onion soup which was fantastic and had such a great spice to it. I've never had French onion soup quite like it before.
Our entrees were decent but not as great as our appetizers. I ordered a spinach and cheese ravioli dish and my boyfriend got chicken marsala. They both could have used a little more flavor but I wouldn't say it was horrible.
Overall, a great restaurant for the price but I would probably order something different the next time. Their menu has so many entrees and specials so I don't think I'll have a problem finding something else I like. I think this is a perfect place for a date or a group of friends because the menu is very extensive so that everyone can find something that they like.
Check out the menu here. Address: 1723 Wilson Blvd Arlington, VA 22201
No comments:
Post a Comment