Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Restaurant Review: Bread & Chocolate

When Sunday comes around, I get really excited about eating brunch and being lazy. My boyfriend went to GW so he had a small place that he wanted to go to in Foggy Bottom called Bread and Chocolate this past Sunday. It's right by West End Cinema so a great place to go to before seeing a movie. It's a European bakery that serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner.

The restaurant is nothing fancy but you're immediately welcomed with a long display of cakes and pastries to get your mouth watering. I started off with a large hot chocolate since it was very cold that day. For my meal, I ordered two small plates - the potato latkes with sour cream and house-made apple sauce and the Birchermuesili, a Bread and Chocolate staple item. It's a creamy oatmeal dish mixed with fresh fruit (apples, grapes, peaches) and topped with walnuts and sliced strawberries.  Both dishes tasted fresh and delicious (and somewhat healthy!). My boyfriend ordered the Norwegian salmon dish with onions, cream cheese, on top of a plain bagel. I definitely snuck a bite of his meal and it was fantastic. The salmon was perfect without being too fishy and overwhelming whereas the bagel was fresh and warm.

I would recommend this restaurant for brunch because it is unlike the typical American brunch places that are abundant both in DC and Arlington. You will still find omelets and eggs benedicts but there are other items for those who want something new.

See the rest of their menu here.

Address: 2301 M Street, NW, Washington, DC 20037 (There are also locations in Alexandria and Chevy Chase)

No comments:

Post a Comment