My best friend Rachael kept telling me about the new Ray's restaurant called Ray's The Third across the street from the infamous Ray's Hell Burger. It's advertised as a cross between Ray's Hell Burger and Ray's The Steak. Since it's basically down the street from my apartment, I finally got a chance to try it out this weekend.
When you first walk into the place, you are immediately hit with a waft of steak. We were seated very quickly which I always appreciate. The restaurant doesn't have much decor but it really doesn't need it and it just opened this fall. I think the lively atmosphere was enough with a wide array of people - families, couples, friends, etc. If the place was dead though, I think it would look really empty since there is literally nothing on the walls.
I ordered the filet mignon with frites and it was absolutely delicious and cooked perfectly. My boyfriend ordered the Blue Devil - a hefty steak with blue cheese and garlic. I took a bite and it was fabulous even though I'm not a fan of rare steak like he is.
My only complaint was the awful service. We waited way too long for the waitress to take our order and to give us our check. If she had been the one serving our food, I'm not sure if we would have made it out of there in a reasonable amount of time. I won't fault the restaurant itself for that because our food was great.
The menu can be viewed here. They have tons of stuff besides steak too.
Address: 1650 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22209
No comments:
Post a Comment