Sitting inconspicuously on 14th street between Columbia Heights and Logan Circle is Rice, a thai restaurant that I went to before The Black Keys concert on Friday. We picked it because Pearl Dive, the oyster bar next door, had too long of a wait. We thought the menu looked decent and the price was reasonable and we left the restaurant extremely satisfied.
The ambiance is dark but modern - a nice setting for dinner. There were older couples and families having dinner around us and a decent group at the bar. Since we were still trying to figure out what to order off the menu, we decided to order sparkling sake (which was great) and green tea dumplings. The dumplings weren't the best we've ever had - that honor goes to Chinatown Express - but they were unique and tasty.
I decided on the sautéed vegetables and fried tofu and my boyfriend got penang chicken curry. My meal was delicious! The vegetables were fresh and cooked perfectly and the sauce was light but flavorful. The side rice was different (I think it was cooked with some green tea) but really yummy.
I would definitely recommend this place for someone looking for fancy thai food in DC at a great price. The menu isn't too extensive but the dishes are so good that it doesn't matter.
Address: 1608 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20009
Website where you can find their menus: http://www.ricerestaurant.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment