Last Sunday afternoon with its warm spring weather, I was walking around Georgetown enjoying the hoards of people and the beautiful Potomac River. When lunchtime came around, I wanted to try something new and a sign for "Snap" caught my eye with it's paninis, crepes, and bubble tea.
There was a pretty good size line in the shop so I was exciting thinking "Wow, this place must be good!" It took about 20 minutes just to order because there were only two people behind the counter; one person was making crepes and paninis and the other person was taking orders and making bubble tea. This horribly inefficient system did not deter us (it should have) and we finally got to order. I ordered a spinach and olive crepe and my boyfriend ordered a chicken panini.
We were excited to sit in the quaint outdoor padio area where several couples and groups of friends were waiting for their food. Bottom line: this place will not get your food ready in a "snap." After about 30 minutes with no food (not even my bubble tea was ready!), my boyfriend finally got his panini and patiently waited for my meal to come. Another 15 minutes....nothing. Being the gentlemen that he is, he went back inside to ask the employees where my food was and they responded "we're putting it on now." It took probably another 20 minutes to finally get my food. The wait was NOT WORTH IT. The crepe was bland and I only ate it because I was literally starving from our 1.5 hour wait.
I only wished that I got a nutella and banana crepe so at least I could have been a little bit happier (nutella has a way of doing that). Do not bother going here, especially in Georgetown where there is a plethora of lovely restaurants and sandwich shops.
Address: 1062 Thomas Jefferson St NW (at N Canal St), Washington, DC 20007
No comments:
Post a Comment