Friday, March 2, 2012

Review: Fast Gourmet

Fast Gourmet is not a place that would immediately catch your eye as you're walking down 14th street. It's located at a gas station so you just assume it's a typical sandwich shop. After it was voted the best sandwich place in D.C. and I kept hearing praise from my friends, I finally had a chance to try it last Saturday.

I had to look at the menu for several minutes before finally making a decision. I opted for the falafel sandwich and had no idea what to expect. Usually places like this will give a descriptions of their sandwiches but Fast Gourmet just surprises you.

Despite having no idea what what going to be in my wrap, I was very pleased. The falafel was covered in yogurt dressing with onions, tomatos, beats, cucumbers, hummus. My meal was complete with a side of shoestring fries. My boyfriend order fried plantains with his cuban sandwich which were flavorful and cooked perfectly. The great thing about Fast Gourmet is the portions are perfect for lunch and you have tons of options.

I would recommend this place for anyone in the area! It definitely tops Taylor Gourmet down the street. The small eating area is great with a group of friends.

See the menu here.

Address: 1400 W St NW, Washington, DC 20009

No comments:

Post a Comment