Thursday, May 3, 2012

Restaurant Review: Quarterdeck

Artsy instagram shot.
Quarterdeck is a crab shack/seafood restaurant that one would appropriately describe as a "hole in the wall." I had heard such great things about it that I thought it would be the perfect place for a casual dinner with my dad, boyfriend, and roommate on Monday night.

One thing to note is that if you're planning on ordering crabs, it's a good idea to make a reservation so that not only are you reserving a table but you are reserving your crabs as well. This way you can get first pick for the biggest crabs that the restaurant receives that day. They don't know how big they'll be till the morning of but if you call then they can put you on the list for top picking. We only got a dozen of the regular size (smallest size) and boy we're they a lot of work. I would definitely consider ordering a small entree or appetizer with your crabs too.

Our server was kind and patient when I asked "How am I suppose to open these things?" because it was my first time. I had about four of the crabs in total and my hands were aching and covered in old bay. It was a fun experience though that I think would be perfect for the next couple months when the crabs are in season. They have an outdoor area that could seat a good amount of people and plenty of beer pitchers to go around

Don't bother with their soups. My clam chowder was lackluster but you should try the onion rings!

Menu is here.

Address: 1200 Fort Myer Drive, Arlington, VA 22209

No comments:

Post a Comment