Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Drug store beauty buys recommended by celebrities

While we can wax poetic about our favorite $300 face creams, we still know an amazing beauty bargain when we see one. And it turns out, celebs do too! We got stars like Naya Rivera, Candice Swanepoel and Jamie Chung to tell us their drugstore beauty game-changers—and the best part is that every one of their picks is $14 or less.


KARLIE KLOSS 

This Victoria's Secret model likes her lips to look and feel angelic. "I stock up on these tiny Vaseline lip balms. It's [also] a good little gift!"

Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lip Therapy, $3.43 on Amazon.com

EMMY ROSSUM

This "Shameless" star has no shame rocking the drugstore hairspray. "L'Oréal Elnett Hairspray is my absolute favorite. It works the best."

L'Oréal Elnett Strong Hold Hairspray, $12 on Amazon.com

NAYA RIVERA

Naya's days on the Glee set and singing career make her a busy gal, so these lip crayons are easy to apply when on the go. "My favorite inexpensive beauty buys are the tinted lipstick balms by Pixi. I love them because they're only $14 each, come in amazing colors and are a great alternative to traditional lipsticks or balm."

Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balms, $14 each at Target.com

ZOEY DEUTCH

Zoey plays a half human, half vampire on the big screen in Vampire Academy, and you can probably find her at the drugstore during dark hours looking for more beauty products.

"I hate drugstores because I love drugstore products so much that I spend hours perusing and searching them for things I probably don't need, but still buy. Out of all the millions of products I've tried, my favorites are both Cetaphil's cleanser and moisturizer. Seems simple, but that stuff works super well."

Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer, $10.16 at Target.com

JAMIE CHUNG

This reality star known for appearing on MTV's Real World in 2004 and rising to fame starring in movies such as Sucker Punch favors a quick change to her nail art routine. "My favorite drugstore finds are the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips. I actually used them for a quick mani change for the Cushnie et Ochs fall fashion show."

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips, starting at $4.90 at Amazon.com

HARLEY VIERA NEWTON

This DJ and model likes her lip products to stay put while she's spinning the tunes at clubs in NYC.

"I love Revlon's Just Bitten Lip Stains. They're just so easy to throw in your bag and apply. One side is a balm so it's super helpful to keep lips moisturized."

Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain, starting at $6 each on Amazon.com

OLIVIA MUNN

When Olivia isn't shooting episodes for The Newsroom, she's dazzling red carpets and events around the world. This busy schedule takes a toll on the hair and skin. Fortunately, Olivia found her holy grail product.

"My favorite is Pantene Damage Detox Weekly Rehab Crème. It's a weekly intense moisture treatment!"

No comments:

Post a Comment