Tuesday, April 7, 2015

These are a few of my favorite things: Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

This will be a new weekly series where I discuss my favorite thing that week. It could be a television show, a beauty product, a book, etc. It will be a way for me to share what I've been loving lately.


I know what you're thinking: This has to be the most gimmicky title of all time. Aztec Secret? Really? I doubt the Aztecs were concerned with their acne. I understand that sentiment because I was thinking the same thing. However, I saw the reviews on Amazon and couldn't believe that it had a 4.5 star rating with 3,015 customer reviews. Also, several Amazon customers posted their before-and-after pictures, which completely stunned me. Some of these reviewers were even struggling with painful, cystic acne. Being the curious person that I am, I bought it Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay.

The first time I tried the clay, I didn't listen to the reviewers who said to use apple cider vinegar instead of water. As a result? The clay was a MESS. It was very clumpy and would not combine with the water no matter so much I mixed it with my hands. Nevertheless, I slathered it on my face as best I could. I felt my face pulsating and thought "Hmmm, this must mean it's working!" I washed off the clay after about 20 minutes and then immediately moisturized my face because it felt super dry. A couple days later, I tried the clay again but used a ziplock bag to mix the clay and water. The mixture was a bit better than my first time, but still not great. 

Finally, I tried it with apple cider vinegar and was blown away by how the clay just mixed with the apple cider vinegar on its own with barely any kneading from me. It felt like an actual clay mask that you buy at the drugstore. In addition, there is a plethora of people on the internet raving about the positive effect of apple cider vinegar on your face. The pulsating effect was amplified by the apple cider vinegar and my skin felt so tight that I could barely speak. 

But I'm sure you're wondering if it work! It's too earlier to tell at this point but I have noticed my pores are smaller and I am breaking out less. I've also seen the small blackheads on my nose disappear. My skin is a bit sensitive after each use, so I would definitely recommend using a thick moisturizer afterward. The pulsating effect is so cool and relaxing--you feel like you've spent 20 minutes at the spa. I would definitely recommend this product to someone looking to clear up their skin and tighten their pores. Even if you don't believe me, 3,000+ people might persuade you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment