Saturday night my boyfriend, his roommates, and I were craving sushi and decided to walk down 14th Street in hopes of finding a Japanese restaurant. We came across Tsunami Sushi and Lounge down by Logan Circle. The restaurant is located in the upstairs half of the building and despite having a small dining area; the food and the atmosphere were perfect.
The crowd consisted of groups of friends having a drink together, couples on a date, and small families. We all ordered sushi rolls - a wide variety of eel, spicy tuna, yellowtail, and soft shell crab. I think I speak for everyone when I say that our food was amazing and there wasn't a single piece of sushi left on our plates. It was definitely a big contrast from my sushi debacle a couple weeks ago. Plus, their wine, sake, and beer menu is very extensive and reasonably priced. I also took a look at their happy hour menu: $1 sashimi rolls, $5 glasses of the wine of the month, and other deals.
Even though 14th Street is filled with different restaurants, Tsunami stands alone as a great sushi place in an area of sparse Asian options.
Check out their food menu here.
Address: 1326 14th Street, NW (2nd Floor), Washington, DC 20005
No comments:
Post a Comment